Tuesday 9 August 2011

VAN HUNTING.

I'm in the Birmingham area just now. I flew down here today to look at a Luton van with a view to buying it.

It was yet another reminder of man's sinful heart and why you can't believe a word of what many people say when they sing the praises of whatever their selling.

On the phone he told me that it was "a really good van." When I asked him what it had been used for, he said: "delivering furniture."

When I got there, I saw that the thing had no back door, was in rough condition, filthy, the battery was flat and the floor in the back was black with puddles of old engine oil and stinking.

His son told me that the previous owner had used it to transport second-hand car parts - old engines and the like.

Suffice it to say, I didn't buy it.

So, on with the search. I'm now looking at other adverts for vehicles between Newcastle and London.

I'll try to keep you posted.

What is great though (and most important) is that I was able to tell the two guys I met at the vehicle trader's yard (the owner's son and an employee) about Christ. And they were both receptive.

Initially they mocked and when asked about who they thought had made them, began to go down the "me mum and dad" route. When I asked them if they had ever read the Bible, the response was "No." I was then able to tell them about the importance of the word of God and the prominent place the Bible occupies in the world and so on. They were listening.

It made it all worth it.

Just think, I had to board a plane and catch three buses just to tell these two guys about the Lord - great.

I love this kind of evangelizing. Totally free, you are your own boss, the only restrictions you have are the ones which scripture gives you, and these we delight in. Not the un-biblical restrictions placed on us by so-called Christian organizations who's biggest concern is to preserve the cash flow.

The word of God tells us: "For the love of money is the root of all evil: while some have coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." (1Timothy 6: 10).

Many Christian organizations point a loaded gun at the heads of its missionaries, with the threat: "We'll shoot if you don't tow the line." Their bosses hold the gun and the world stands behind them with a severe expression.

The bosses of these so-called Christian organisations obey without a whimper. Why? Because they have no moral backbone - they are spineless.

Why are they spineless? Could it be that they are concerned about their own salaries?

Hmm, I wonder.

This my friends, is contrary to God's will. We will not profit by it.

It's a cash gun. And the bullets remove the cash (the salary) by dispensing with your services.

If you are biblical, that is if you simply obey the Bible and tell people that what they are doing or believing is condemned by its writings - look out - you will suffer.

It's the last thing men want us to say: but the first thing God wants us to say.

It's the most scriptural thing we can do - revealing sin - sin: the thing which comes between us and our creator. The thing which condemns us to hell forever.

The gospel of the present day:

"YOU MUST NOT CRITICISE: YOU MUST NOT SAY ANYONE'S BELIEF IS WRONG."

Some Christians go as far as to call it "wisdom." That it is "wisdom" to "just go along with it." An ex-(paid evangelist) colleague actually used those very words when I criticised a silly un-scriptural rite which we witnessed in a London church.

The trouble is, they seem to be willing to "just go along with" pretty much anything at all.

Phew! The gospel of expediency. The gospel of material prosperity in practice.

This is nothing new. They crucified Christ for it.

For criticising it, that is.

"If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin." (John 15: 22).

But hey, don't worry - "Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." (Matthew 5: 12).

My friends, I can tell you, it's liberating. It's the most liberating thing in the world. To be freed from the constant fear of the possible removal of your home and salary just for saying the wrong thing (actually the right thing) to the wrong person.

The fear before hand, because of our lack of faith, can be tremendous. But the feeling of liberation afterwards is wonderful.

I know - I've been there.

I am there.

Maybe I'll tell you about it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment