Wednesday 24 August 2011

HEADACHE ONGOING

Yes, it is ongoing. I arrived back in Edinburgh yesterday on the bus from Inverness as I have to drive my car to Stornoway.
I considered taking the train, but wait for this - bus: £13.50; train: £42.00 - no brainer. I said to the woman at the desk, "forty-two quid! I'll just leave it." They must hear that a lot.
I mean, how daft can you get! Spending money sending trains up and down the country with empty seats. Even if they only got a pound for filling them it would be better than that. As someone recently said to me: "The country's run by idiots."
So are the trains.

The ferry left Stornoway at 7.00am and I arrived at the house at about 6.00pm - the worst part of the journey was the final bus run from St. Andrew's Square to Balerno - stop, go, stop, go, stop, go...
Wonder if the train would have been quicker?

So here I am in the middle of a booroch again trying to decide what to keep and what to chuck.
I have definitely done more enjoyable things.
The worst part is that I have a time constraint because my kids are being looked after by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment